Procopio’s Medical Technology group focuses on the medical device community, and in particular the convergence between medicine and wireless technology. This convergence has allowed hospitals and healthcare providers to offer patients a broader range of medical solutions in a more timely and cost-effective manner, while enabling them to lead healthier, more self-sufficient lives.
We are uniquely positioned to provide value to companies in this sector due to our long history of counseling Medical Device and Healthcare companies and our extensive experience advising wireless technology, software and analytics businesses. Many of our Medical Technology attorneys are engineers themselves, so we get it. We can quickly and easily grasp the technical issues at hand, moving with ease through regulatory and reimbursement issues involved in Medical Device and Healthcare endeavors.
Our Medical Technology Law group is at the forefront of the healthcare industry, and we have built our solid reputation through the successful representation of medical device and diagnostic companies. We possess a unique understanding of the dynamic and competitive landscape that our clients face every day. We work as strategic business partners in all stages of development and help our clients address industry challenges such as shorter product lifecycles, regulatory obstacles and a contentious intellectual property environment.
We optimize specific strategies for medical technology and life sciences clients at all stages, from start-ups to large mature companies, in a cost-effective manner that addresses your specific needs. Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy and Company Organization
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private and Public Financing
- Intellectual Property
- Material Transfer Agreements
- Joint Ventures
- Supply and Distribution Arrangements
- Employee Transfer Technology Issues
- Research and Development Agreements
- Patents Counseling
Select Representative Matters
- Venture Capital Financing. Represented technology and biotechnology companies in a deal worth more than $250 million.
- Lifecycle/Sale. Represented a medical device manufacturer in its $20 million sale to a private equity firm.
- License/Stock Deal. Represented public foreign entities in a significant license/stock deal with a National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations (NASDAQ) biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing proprietary products that address the need of patients treated by physician specialists, including registration of milestone securities with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Financial Strategy. Represented a private company developing lead compounds in new medicines for acne, wound healing, prostate cancer and for other androgen or androgen receptor-related disorders in multiple private offerings of preferred stock to investors.
- Licensing. Represented a lead manufacturer of nutritional supplements in the license of patent estate in the field of sports nutrition to one of the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness companies as well as one of the largest global healthcare companies in the world.
- Patent Strategy. Developed and implemented a patent strategy for technologies related to small molecules and biologics designed to address retinopathy, including age-related macular degeneration.
- Real Estate / Leases. Represented various medical technology and biotech companies in connection with the leases of laboratory, clinical and other space, including subleases, renewals and renegotiations.
- Labor and Employment. Represented various life science companies with their employment and labor practices and policies, including related arbitrations, government inquiries and litigation.