2017 University of San Diego School of Law - Procopio International Tax Institute
You are invited to the 13th annual University of San Diego (USD) School of Law - Procopio International Tax Institute to be held on October 25th through the 27th, 2017 in San Diego, California.
This stellar program will cover recent global tax developments with a focus on business planning and multi-national family wealth preservation strategies among the United States, Mexico and Canada.
2017 Key Topics will include:
• United States Trump Tax Reform? What does it mean for businesses and investors from Mexico and Canada?
• Cross-Border NAFTA Retirement Plans: Technical Uncertainties and Competent Authority
• Round Table: International Tax Directors from Mexico
• Retained Interests (Section 2035 et. seq.) and Pre-immigration Trust Funding and Planning: Delaware Law Case Study
• New 6038A Regulations - U.S. Single Member Foreign Owned Entities: Information and More Information
• Hidden Tax Costs of EB-5 Investor Visas and Alternative Immigration and Tax Options
• Invalid Treasury Regulations - in Light of Altera in U.S. Tax Court
• U.S. and Mexican Inbound Investments Using Canadian LLP AND LPs: Novel Tax Issues
• Understanding Competent Authority: Mexico, Canada and U.S. (What's Australia got to do with it?)
• Round Table - International Tax Directors from the U.S.
• Phantom Income for Mexican Investors: Investments during an appreciating dollar environment
• OECD Multilateral Instrument: A New Approach for Applying Bilateral Tax Treaties
Early Bird Registrations before July 31st, 2017:
Regular Attendee: US$ 590
Professor, Student or Government Official: US$ 290
Registrations after July 31st, 2017:
Regular Attendee: US$ 890
Professor, Student or Government Official: US$ 450