Scott R. Omohundro advises clients on a variety of issues related to complex construction and commercial litigation. Scott is experienced in representing owners and contractors in matters arising on both public and private works of improvement, including in connection with contract disputes, mechanic’s liens, stop notice and payment bond claims, and delay, disruption and inefficiency claims. He regularly appears before the state and federal courts in California and Nevada and has briefed and presented several oral arguments before the Nevada Supreme Court.
- Represented large international contractor in what was reputed, at the time, to be the largest construction case in the nation, involving the $9 billion CityCenter project in Las Vegas, Nevada, with combined claims nearing $1 billion.
- Represented water authority on construction of raw water transmission pipeline involving alleged differing site conditions.
- Represented developer in suit against oil company for clean-up of contaminated soil and groundwater.
- Represented major supplier of water filtration systems on various water treatment and pipeline projects.
- Represented city on storm drain and sewer interceptor projects.
- Represented contractors on bridge and transportation projects.
- Represented contractor on nuclear materials storage facility.
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – 2013-2017 (Construction Litigation)
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, Southern California 2013-2014.
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of San Diego County – President’s Circle
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 1995
- BA (Political Science), Duke University, 1991
- Reynolds, Kylle. “On the Move,” Daily Journal, February 24, 2014.
- “Daily Business Report,” San Diego Metro Magazine, February 19, 2014.