Robert A. Levy represents employers in all types of employment litigation and counsels clients in solving employment problems and developing employment strategies. Bob’s practice focuses on wage and hour law, discrimination, harassment and retaliation law, and all aspects of employment relationships, including hiring, performance, discipline, termination, workplace violence and reductions in force. Bob has extensive experience in conducting and overseeing investigations, and representing employers in mediations and before state and federal government agencies.
- Best Lawyers® -(Lawyer of the Year for Labor Law - Management, Labor and Employment Law) - San Diego, CA - 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – 2011-2017 (Employment & Labor)
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2009-2017 (Employment Law – Management, Labor Law – Management)
- The Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year for Employment Law – Management – 2015
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-2015
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, Southern California 2014
- "Procopio Awarded Tier 1 Ranking for Employment Law - Management by U.S. News & World Report,” 2014-2016
- Super Lawyers: Business Edition – 2011
- Super Lawyers: Corporate Counsel – 2010
- The Daily Transcript Top Attorneys – 2006, 2009-2010 (Labor/Employment)
- American Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, University of Southern California Gould School of Law, 1980
- BS, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Halverstadt, Lisa. “City Likely Liable for Possible Filner Lawsuits,” Voice of San Diego, July 16, 2013.
- “School Explains Twerking Suspension,” NBC San Diego, May 3, 2013.
- Co-presenter. “Don’t Blink: What You Need to Know About the Most Recent California Employment Law Development,” Procopio Labor and Employment Seminar 2016, San Diego, CA, November 15, 2016.
- Co-presenter. "Recent Developments in California Labor Law," Procopio’s Annual Labor & Employment Seminar 2015, San Diego, CA, November 4, 2015.
- Co-presenter. "Paid Sick Leave Redux: Compliance Issues for July 1, 2015 and Beyond," Procopio Labor and Employment Breakfast Bytes, San Diego, CA, May 21, 2015.
- Co-presenter. “Handling Paid Sick Leave and Vacation Issues in California,” Procopio Labor and Employment Breakfast Bytes, February 19, 2015.
- Co-presenter. “Recent Developments in California Employment Law: What Employers Need to Know for 2014-2015,” Procopio Labor and Employment Seminar, La Jolla, CA, November 17, 2014.
- “Preventing Wage and Hour Liability in California,” Procopio Labor and Employment Seminar, La Jolla, CA, October 29, 2013.
- “Management Training: Effective Communication and Performance Feedback,” 20th Annual Charter Schools Conference, San Diego, CA, March 11-14, 2013.
- Co-author. “A Panacea For California’s Paid Sick Leave Law? Governor Signs Emergency Amendments,” July 20, 2015.