1117 S California Ave, Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Miku H. Mehta advises clients on intellectual property, patent prosecution and counseling, as well as trademarks and copyrights. Miku’s practice focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, due diligence projects, including preparation of opinions in the areas of patentability, validity, infringement and product clearance, and patent licensing. He has extensive experience in technology including computer software and hardware, networks, internet-related applications, environmental technologies, optics, mechanical engineering, business processes and medical devices, as well as registration and renewal of trademarks.
- International Association for the Protection of the Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- South Asian Bar Association of Northern California
- American Chamber of Commerce – Japan (ACCJ)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Keizai Society of Northern California
- Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association
- Boy Scouts of America - Adult Leader
- JD, George Mason University School of Law
- BS (Systems Engineering, Environmental Sciences), University of Virginia
- Pierce, Emmet. “Knowing the Twists and Turns IS Key to Navigating IP Course,” San Diego Business Journal, November 3, 2014.
- “Q&A With Procopio's Miku Mehta,” Law360, July 22, 2013.
- Ruiz, David. "EIP Opening in San Diego," Daily Journal, June 5, 2013.
- Scurria, Andrew. “Procopio Hires 5 IP Pros to Plant Flag in Silicon Valley,” Law360, November 27, 2012.
- "Patent Prosecution Workshop - Getting Your Claims Through the Patent," IP Counsel Cafe, Palo Alto, CA, April 24, 2015.
- Panelist. "Managing Risk in a Changing IP Landscape," Silicon Valley IP Forum, Palo Alto, CA, October 29, 2014.
- “Patent Prosecution Bootcamp: Navigating the AIA,” IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, April 4, 2014.
- “Strategic Use of Design Patents” at Ji2 Seminar in Osaka, Japan, May 23, 2013
- “Patent Drafting and Prosecution Issues and Tips Under the New AIA Rules” Webcast at Thomson Reuters, May 15, 2013
- Speaker on Panel “Patent Prosecution Bootcamp: Save Time, Save Money, Get it Right the First Time” at IP Counsel Café in Palo Alto, CA, April 25, 2013.
- Moderator of Panel on “America Invents Act: Application Drafting Under AIA” at IP Counsel Café in Palo Alto, CA, April 25, 2013.
- “Patentability Searches and Competitor Monitoring Strategies in View of AIA,” Webinar, Nationwide, April 17, 2013
- “Patent Research Strategies in view of New Patent Challenge Procedures Under AIA” Webcast webinar with TT Consultants, April 16, 2013.
- “America Invents Act: Final Rules on First-Inventor-to-File” at Japanese Patent Attorney Group - INFOPAT, Tokyo, Japan, February 24, 2013
- “The Patent Game: Changing Values in Changing Times,” Keizai Society, Palo Alto, CA, September 20, 2012.
- “Patent Prosecution Bootcamp,” IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, April 18-20, 2012.
- “Cuozzo Speed Technologies, LLC,” (AIPPI-Japan) Journal, Vol.62, No.5, pages 422-436 (July 2017).
- "Ethicon Endo-Surgery v. Covidien - Case Review and Practical Considerations" (AIPPI-Japan) Journal, Vol. 61, No. 4, pages 328-339 (April 2016).
- “International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property of Japan” (AIPPI-Japan) Journal, Vol. 60, No. 7, pages 611-621 (July 2015).
- Co-author. “Accelerating IP filing while ensuring quality: The masterpiece challenge,” Inside Counsel, February 13, 2015.
- Co-author. “Protecting Confidences: Applicability of the Attorney-Client Privilege to Communications Made in Japan,” May 29, 2014.
- “IP Provisions as They Might Apply to U.S. / Japan in the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement,” JIII, July 2013.
- “Final USPTO Rules for First-to-File Provisions of the America Invents Act,” February 14, 2013.