Katherine M. Knudson advises clients on matters related to construction, real estate and business litigation. Kathy’s practice focuses on handling public and private construction claims and disputes, including contract issues, mechanic’s liens, stop notices and payment bond claims, and delay, disruption and inefficiency claims. She has extensive experience in general business litigation, contractual disputes, real property title disputes, easement disputes, partnership disputes and alter ego liability. Kathy is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court in Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Represents general contractors on new construction and remediation school projects for San Diego, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
- Represents property owners on claims for quiet title and easement access.
- Represents general contractors in contract negotiations on commercial projects.
- Represents general contractors on United States government projects.
- Represents a major wastewater authority.
- Defends construction company officers and directors sued for alter ego.
- Represents various general contractors in United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Defends multiple Federal and State False Claims Act cases.
- Casa Cornelia Pro Bono Publico Award - 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell® BV Distinguished Rating
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – 2007-2010 (Construction Litigation)
- American Bar Association – Standing Committee on Legal Resource and Information Services (2002-2005)
- National Association of Women in Construction, San Diego Chapter – Past Board of Directors, Past Committee Chairs (1990-1999)
- San Diego County Bar Association – Legal Resource and Information Services Committee (2000-2005)
- San Diego County Bar Association – Membership Committee (1996-1997)
- San Diego North Chamber of Commerce – Economic Development Committee, Streetscape Subcommittee (2002-2004)
- National Kidney Foundation – Board of Directors (2009-2014)
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 1986
- Magdalen College, Oxford University, 1984
- BA, San Diego State University, 1983
- “SBA Proposes Rules to Establish a Mentor-Protégé Program for all Small Businesses,” Foundations - Procopio’s Construction Newsletter, March 19, 2015.