12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92130
Eli W. Mansour counsels clients on a variety of business matters including intellectual property, aviation law and equipment finance. Eli’s practice focuses on the development, protection and licensing of technology and related intellectual property, including drafting and negotiating technology development, manufacturing, distribution and licensing agreements. He has extensive experience in device discovery agreements, joint venture agreements and technology assignment, and transfer transactions, as well as advising corporate flight departments and individuals seeking to acquire, lease or share the use of turboprop and turbojet aircraft. Eli also holds an FAA commercial pilot’s license for fixed wing and rotorcraft–helicopter, as well as an instrument rating and an FAA remote pilot’s license for small UAS.
Intellectual Property Transactions
- Represented licensors and licensees in over 500 licensing transactional matters.
- Negotiated patent license agreement for an enabling technology in the human nutrition industry with a major international food and supplement manufacturer.
- Prepared and negotiated all intellectual property agreements associated with the spin-off of a medical technology from an NIH-funded research institute.
- Provided counsel with respect to and negotiated a joint venture agreement in the pharmaceutical space between a US based public generic drug reseller and an Indian drug manufacturer.
- Provided counsel on commercialization strategy and drafted and negotiated all license, maintenance and custom programming agreements for a software publisher.
- Managed and conducted intellectual property due diligence related to a contemplated acquisition of a major international patent and trademark portfolio.
- Negotiated license agreements with chemical process licensors in the petroleum and gas industry for an India based project.
- Provided counsel and developed an international brand protection and commercialization strategy for a lifestyle brand apparel company.
Aviation Law And Equipment Finance
- Represented purchasers and sellers in over 100 aircraft acquisition transactions.
- Represented purchasers of aircraft in qualifying for exemptions from the California sales and use tax.
- Assisted with the formation of and drafted all contracts for a new SubPart K fractional program.
- Represented aircraft owner in warranty claims against engine manufacturer arising from a catastrophic engine failure in a new aircraft.
- Assisted CEO in designing and implementing an aircraft leasing program with his public company which maximized tax deductions to the company while minimizing disallowance due to the CEO’s personal use.
- Drafted and negotiated aircraft finance documents on behalf of a major bank.
- AmLaw Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law, 2018
- Best Lawyers®, 2017 (Equipment Finance Law), San Diego, CA
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- The Best Lawyers in America® - 2008-2018 (Equipment Finance Law)
- Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers – 2012-2015
- Top Rated Lawyers In Intellectual Property – 2013
- Top Rated Lawyers In International Law/International Trade – 2012
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, March 2013-2018
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce
- CommNexus San Diego – Past Director
- International Aviation and Transportation Safety Bar Association
- Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- National Business Aviation Association – Tax Committee and Regulatory Issues Advisory Group - Former Member
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, with honors, 1992
- BA, University of Maryland, with high honors, Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society, 1989
- “On the Move,” Carlsbad Business Journal, May 1, 2012.