Craig P. Sapin counsels clients on a variety of matters relating to tax, real estate joint ventures, wealth planning, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and strategic joint ventures. Craig’s practice focuses on areas such as limited liability company and partnership ventures and syndications. He also has extensive experience in real estate funds, business transactions, family wealth and tax planning, and tax controversy issues.
- Represented clients in over $4B of real estate joint ventures.
- Represented public and private entities in mergers and acquisitions of businesses.
- Represents some of the most prominent San Diego based companies and individuals in their transactional and wealth planning matters.
- Certified Specialist in Taxation, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (distinction reserved for one-third of 1% of licensed attorneys)
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- “Top Attorneys in San Diego,” Los Angeles Magazine, 2016
- San Diego Super Lawyers® - 2007 - 2018 (Tax)
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013 - 2017
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, Southern California 2014
- “Top Attorneys Nominees List,” The Daily Transcript, June 5, 2013
- The Daily Transcript’s Top Attorneys semi-finalist – 2010
- San Diego County Bar Foundation – Board Member
- University of California at San Diego Athletics – Board Member
- JD, UCLA School of Law, 1981
- Studied (International Law), Oxford University
- BA (Economics), University of California, San Diego, 1978