Katherine Knudsen concentrates her practice on construction, real estate, business litigation and business matters. She is experienced in handling public and private construction claims and disputes, including contract issues, mechanic’s lien, stop notice and payment bond claims, and delay, disruption and inefficiency claims. Ms. Knudsen is also experienced in handling general business litigation, including, contractual disputes, real property title disputes, easement disputes, partnership disputes and alter ego liability. She has represented general contractors, subcontractors, public and private owners, sureties and title companies in various matters and capacities over the course of her career.
Ms. Knudsen is admitted to practice before the United States District Court in the Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the United States Court of Federal Claims and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Represents general contractors on new construction and remediation school projects for San Diego Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties.
- Represents property owners on claims for quiet title and easement access.
- Represents general contractors in contract negotiations on commercial projects.
- Represents general contractors on United States Government projects.
- Represents a major wastewater authority.
- Defends construction company officers and directors sued for alter ego.
- Represents various general contractors in United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Defends multiple Federal and State False Claims Act cases.