Katherine Knudsen is a member of the firm’s Construction Litigation Practice, where she concentrates her practice on construction, real estate, business litigation, and business matters. She is experienced in handling public and private construction claims and disputes, including contract issues, mechanic’s lien, stop notice and payment bond claims, and delay, disruption, and inefficiency claims. Ms. Knudsen is also experienced in handling general business litigation, including, contractual disputes, real property title disputes, partnership disputes and alter ego liability. She has represented general contractors, subcontractors, public and private owners, sureties, and title companies in various matters and capacities over the course of her career.
Ms. Knudsen is admitted to practice before the United States District Court in the Southern, Central and Eastern Districts of California, the United States Court of Federal Claims, and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- Representation of multiple general contractors on new construction and remediation school projects for San Diego Unified School District, Sweetwater Union High School District, Poway Unified School District, Los Angeles Unified School District, Las Virgenes Unified School District, Arcadia Unified School District and others.
- Representation of title insurance company on quiet title and lis pendens claim.
- Representation of multiple general contractors in contract negotiations for its commercial projects.
- Representation of multiple general contractors on United States Government projects.
- Representation of major wastewater authority.
- Defense of construction company officers and directors sued for alter ego.
- Representation of various general contractors in United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Defense of multiple Federal and State False Claims Act cases.