Francis G. Plati Sr. applies his extensive engineering background to practice in all areas of patent law, including counseling clients, litigation, licensing, and preparing and prosecuting application in technologies, including analog and digital communications, fiber optics, software, digital rights management, wireless communications, semiconductor devices, and automotive technologies including hybrid power systems, as well as other electrical and mechanical arts.
Prior to his legal career, Mr. Plati was an electrical engineer for MKS Instruments, Raytheon, and RCA/GE.
- JD, University of New Hampshire School of Law, 2005
- MSEE (Circuits and Semiconductor Devices), Northeastern University, 1995
- BSEE, Northeastern University, 1986
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Licensing Executive Society
Recent News Coverage
- Frisch, Randy. “The Business of Law,” San Diego Business Journal, December 17, 2012.
- "Procopio adds team to Silicon Valley office," Daily Journal, December 3, 2012.
- Sherwin, Doug. “Law Briefs,” The Daily Transcript, November 28, 2012.
- Lee, Kevin. “With hires, Procopio creates full-time Silicon Valley presence,” Daily Journal, November 27, 2012.
- Scurria, Andrew. “Procopio Hires 5 IP Pros to Plant Flag in Silicon Valley,” Law 360, November 27, 2012.
- “Procopio adds 5 Silicon Valley attorneys,” The Daily Transcript, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow – Expands in Silicon Valley," Legal Netlink Alliance, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow, Expands in Silicon Valley,” Procopio Press Release, November 26, 2012.