Procopio News and Events -- July 2018
In Procopio's July 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- What Californians, including many companies, need to know about the recently passed California Consumer Privacy Act, namely who is affected, what is protected, and what legal exposure companies may face;
- How new regulations in California will more severely restrict an employer's ability to impose workplace language restrictions, inquire about immigration status, and even impose height and weight requirements;
- The ways in which a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision offers some benefits to U.S. patent owners who find their intellectual property infringed, namely by seeking recovery of profits on foreign sales;
- How yet another patent decision, this time in the U.S. Federal Circuit, brought much-needed clarity to claim construction, particularly involving software-related innovations; and
- The impact of newly implemented regulations on many owners of nonresidential buildings in California regarding requirements on energy use disclosures.
The newsletter also highlights upcoming events:
- A celebration of diversity and inclusion in the legal profession featuring five diversity bar associations on July 31 at our San Diego downtown office; and
- The latest on our annual USD-Procopio International Tax Institute October 31 to November 2 in San Diego.
This month's newsletter also draws attention to a brand-new video Procopio has created featuring four of our attorneys discussing the importance of diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and at Procopio.
And as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights (presentations, news coverage, social engagement activities, etc.) from the last month.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys and offices in downtown San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Media Contact: Patrick Ross
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications